10. Hop on the train to visit and appreciate the masterpieces found at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Make sure to bring your ID for a student discount, or you could postpone your date until Sunday when admission is free!
9. Looking for that perfect gift with a personal touch? Take your girl to Ubead2 in downtown Wayne where she can assemble her very own bracelet or necklace.
8. Really trying to make a good impression? Dinner at the Wooden Iron located in the heart of Wayne will do the trick with its amazing steaks and signature seafood dishes.
7. Can’t afford treating her to an entire dinner? Shh…she doesn’t need to know that! Visit the Cheesecake Factory in the King of Prussia mall for a couple of slices of their famous cheesecake. Dessert is a girl’s favorite part of the meal anyway.
6. Ice skating isn’t just for the holidays. A trip to the River Rink at Penn’s Landing is a great date that won’t leave a hole in your pocket.
5. Enjoy a unique fondue-inspired dinner at the Melting Pot restaurant in King of Prussia. Chocolate-covered strawberries and romance basically go hand in hand.
4. Didn’t think that the Philadelphia Zoo was open in the winter? Well, it is. Weather permitting, this is a super fun date for you and your valentine. And with lower off-season prices, the two of you can enjoy the day for less than thirty dollars.
3. Guys – treating your lady to a day at the spa is always a sure bet. And girls, you can return the favor. Grab your man a gift certificate from the American Male Salon in Berwyn.
2. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to take a romantic stroll through one of the area’s most popular attractions, Longwood Gardens, located just forty minutes from campus. For a little over thirty dollars, you two can be part of the Garden’s “Sweetheart Week,” which includes some special Valentine’s Day events in addition to the spectacular garden displays.
1. It may be cliché, but nothing says “I love you” more on Valentine’s Day than the classic gift of a dozen red roses … unless you’re like me and you’d prefer a box of Godiva chocolates.