The Student Activities Board has big plans for this spring semester, and Coordinator of Student Activities Paul Daigle has come up with events that students can attend every weekend. Here is a list of the top five events of the semester that should be on every student’s calendar:
1. Spring Banquet, King’s Mill, April 10: A semi-formal dance with a dinner and dancing. New this year will be a dessert bar, chocolate fountain and guest music acts. The best news is that the cost may be as low as $30.
2. Midnight Breakfast, Dining Commons, April 26: A classic for those who love free food. Celebrate the end of classes with a breakfast served by faculty and staff members.
3. Beyond Existence, Doane Hill, April 17: An outdoor music festival that will once again host The Wrecking, who performed last year.
4. Scott McKenna, Jammin’ Java, April 24: A singer-songwriter who is returning to Eastern by popular demand. See www.myspace.com/scottmckenna for more information.
5. Joy Ike, Jammin’ Java, March 27: A singer-songwriter who plays the keyboard. See www.joyike.com for more information.
Other key events of the semester are the Extreme Fear Factor Night (Feb. 5 ), the Amazing Race (March 26) and the annual Luau (Apr. 27).
There will be more Saturday night events at the Jammin’ Java with other outside groups. Also, the KaGe will be open again from 2 p.m. to midnight Monday through Saturday and 6-10 p.m. on Sunday.